Warm Your Soul With A Bowl Of White Bean Chicken Chili. This Chicken Chili Recipe is a family favorite. This is a fabulous recipe for the fall and winter months. We often serve it on Halloween night to all of our visiting friends. It is hearty yet healthy and heart healthy too. You can spice it up or down to suit your tastes. Curl up with a bowl on a cold winter night and enjoy.
Chicken Chili Recipe Ingredients
- 1TBS Olive Oil
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped finely
- 4 medium cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cans 15 oz white beans, do not drain
- 1 4 oz can of diced green chilies
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp chili powder
- 1 141/2 ounce chicken broth (can use low sodium)
- 1/2 pound, or so, of skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 in ch pieces
- 2 TBS lime juice
- 2 TBS fresh minced cilantro
- Optional: 6 TBS Salsa
- Optional: 6 TBS Plain Greek Yogurt or Light Sour Cream
Chicken Chili Recipe Directions
1. In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and red pepper; saute’ for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the white beans, chilies, cumin, chili powder and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
4. A tablespoon of salsa and/or sour cream can be used to garnish each serving.
Serves 5-6, Calories 296, Protein 24 grams, fat 5 grams, carbs 41 grams, sodium 229mg (unsalted broth), saturated fat 1gram, cholesterol 29grams.
Chicken Chili Recipe with white beans may just become a family favorite of yours too. Be sure to make a double batch to freeze and serve later. Top it off with some fresh cilantro, onions, tomatoes, Greek yogurt, white cheese, and/or salsa. You can set up your own little chili bar so everyone can enjoy their chili just the way they want. Guaranteed to please, Chicken Chili with White Beans is divine.