Great Left Overs Are Just One Reason To Make Our Healthy Turkey Chili Recipe
Turkey chili is a delicious recipe that is also healthy for your body. My favorite thing about this turkey chili recipe is that it makes great left overs. I always double the recipe so that I can freeze. I like to pull it out on a cold evening. It is a perfect quick meal after the kids lacrosse or baseball practice. Something easy and quick is definitely on the menu for those nights. This turkey chili recipe is a lot better for my family than the local pizza delivery. Know what I mean?
Turkey Chili Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 28 ounce can whole plumb tomatoes, chopped
- 1 14 ounce Can Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 ounce Can Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 4 ounce can mild green chilies
- 1/4 Cup Cilanto
- Juice from 1 Lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Turkey Chili Recipe directions
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat
- Add Garlic, Onion and mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add Chili powder, cumin, oregano and saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly
- Add turkey and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes with their juices and 1 cup of beef broth, green chilies, cilantro and beans.
- Add salt and pepper and Lime juice
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes
- If mixture becomes too thick, just add more beef broth to your tastes.
I hope you enjoy this fantastic healthy family recipe. It is perfect to serve any time. This chili makes great party fare too. For a special treat spoon some over a baked potato. You can also garnish with some of the following:
- chopped tomatoes
- jalapeno peppers
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Shredded Cheese
- Sliced avocado
- More lime juice
- Hot red pepper flakes
Be sure to make a double batch of Turkey Chili Recipe for a quick family friendly meal . It is both healthy and delicious.