Winter months and a hot toddy go together hand in hand. There is nothing that warms you up on a cold day like a hot drink in hand. Plus, the health benefits of a hot toddy should never be underestimated. Sipping on a hot beverage is soothing, relaxing and reduces stress. You can even sip a hot toddy for cough or a hot toddy for sore throat. But these are not the only health benefits of sipping a hot toddy. See what I mean below.
Hot Toddy Health Benefits
- Coffee is full of antioxidants.
- Coffee improves insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism.
- Recent studies show that coffee is effective in preventing skin cancer and prostate cancer.
- Coffee relieves migraine headaches.
- Coffee enhances your mood and fights depression.
- Coffee has a compound that fights tooth decay.
- Chai tea is made with black tea which is linked to heart and bone health.
- Chai reduces bad cholesterol.
- Chai spices, such as cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger and nutmeg, are packed with antioxidants.
- Green tea contains one of the most powerful antioxidants we can put in our body.
- Green tea reduces heart disease risk and lowers cholesterol.
- Green tea helps to regulate blood sugar.
- Green tea may help aid in weight loss.
- Green tea contains polyphenols, which may protect the brain against dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Add a little honey to make a hot toddy for cough or a hot toddy for sore throat.
- Fights against many cancers.
Hot Apple Cider
- Apple cider has many of the health benefits of the whole fresh apple, including antioxidants.
- Apple cider may protect coronary arteries from harmful plaque build up.
- Apple cider can help reduce heart disease risk.
- Has a substance called quercertin which helps prevent the flu.
- I heard somewhere that if you eat an apple a day it will keep the doctor away.
- Cocoa consumption is associated with a decrease in cognitive decline as we age.
- Cocoa may reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, and high blood pressure.
- Cocoa lowers cholesterol.
Lemon Honey Tea
- Add a little lemon and a spoonful or two of honey to any tea or cider makes it a hot toddy for cough or a hot toddy for sore throat.
So cozy up on the couch with your hot toddy in hand and relax. Enjoy the many health benefits that a cup of tea, hot cocoa, coffee or apple cider has for you. You can sip a hot toddy for cough symptoms or a hot toddy for a sore throat, a hot toddy for heart disease, diabetes control, cognitive function, bone health or to get your fill of antioxidants. Or you can just sip a hot toddy for the sheer delight of it all. But remember, never underestimate the health benefits of a hot toddy.