Quinoa Salad Is A Heart Healthy Meal
Quinoa Southwest Salad recipe is both hearty and light. Quinoa is a seed that behaves like a whole grain. It is high in protein and in fiber and full of hearty goodness. This tasty seed has a nutty rich flavor that is tamed by the peppers and cilantro. The cumin lime salad dressing adds a ton of flavor and pairs beautifully with the black beans and colored peppers. This amazing dish can be served as a side dish or as a main course. I like to pack it in my lunch and take it to work with me. Quinoa just takes a few minutes to make and then is easily tossed with the other ingredients. A perfect recipe when you are in a fix for time.
Southwest Quinoa Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 3 cups Cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup each red green and yellow peppers, chopped
- 1/2 Cup green onion chopped
- 1 14 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- a small handful of arugula (optional)
- 1 14 oz can sweet corn (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
Ingredients Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Quinoa Southwest Salad Directions
- Mix Quinoa, peppers, cilantro, arugula, onion, black beans corn and red wine vinegar together.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, lime juice, cumin, sea salt and black pepper.
- Pour over salad mixture.
- Serve at room temperature. Serves 6.
Quinoa is one of my favorite grains, even if it isn’t really a grain. I love the rich flavor and the way that it pairs with just about anything. The health benefits are vast and powerful. For example:
- Perfect protein.
- High in fiber.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Relieves migraines.
- Gluten free.
Those are some serious health benefits for such a tiny little seed! Add your veggies and beans and you are sure to enjoy a perfect healthy lovely meal. Southwest Quinoa Salad recipe is one to grace your favorite meals in minutes file. Enjoy!