6 ounces uncooked whole grain spaghetti
1.5 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp grated lemon rind
2 TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic pressed or chopped
4 TBS freshly grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
1/4 cup walnut halves
Thyme Sprigs for garnish
*Note: Fresh lemons and freshly grated Parmesan make this dish scrumptious!
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
2. While pasta cooks, combine thyme and next 7 ingredients in large bowl.
3. Drain Pasta, reserving 2 TBS cooking liquid.
4. Add pasta, reserved cooking liquid and 2 TBSP cheese to lemon mixture in bowl; toss well.
5. Sprinkle with remaining 2 TBS cheese (or to your taste)
6. Toss with 1/4 cup walnut halves.
6. Serve immediately. Garnish with thyme sprigs if desired. Yields 6 1/2 cup servings.
Lemon Spaghetti is wonderfully light and fresh.