Want To Lose 10 Pounds?
Lose 10 pounds easily before the holidays with these easy 10 tips to lose 10 pounds. Give yourself the gift of a healthier body. The gift of feeling good during the holidays, 10 pounds lighter and lookin’ good!
Lose 10 pounds fast by following our easy weight loss tips:
1. Start now. Make the commitment today. With me. Join me. Make the decision and get started today. Right now!
2. Write down everything you eat in a journal. You can use a journal, a piece of paper, or a post it note. Just make sure you write it down every day in a place you can refer to it. Research shows that recording what you eat can double your weight loss. A journal keeps your accountable and there is no option for lapse in memory. It is a great tool. There are some tools you can use to help you with this if you would like to:
- Weight Watchers
- Nutri Mirror
- Moleskine Health Journal: Here is the affiliate link -Moleskine Passions Wellness Journal
3. Cut 500 calories from your daily caloric intake to lose 1 pound per week.
4. Exercise everyday. Add 30-60 minutes of exercise to your day. It doesn’t have to be all at once but the more you get the more calories you will burn and the more weight you will lose. One hour of moderate exercise burns between 300-400 calories. High intensity exercise can burn much more! Add daily exercise for another pound per week.
5. Get a good nights sleep. Studies show that people who get 7 hours of sleep or more per night burn more calories and have less obesity than those with sleep deprivation.
6. Eat 4-6 small meals per day instead of 3 large meals. Small equal meals spread out through the day actually increases your metabolism. It also prevents fat storage. The idea is that you use immediately the calories that you are using. Since you are not over eating there are no extra calories that get turned into fat storage.
7. Portion control: When I say eat 4-6 small meals per day, I mean SMALL. See our Portion Control post here to help you understand what an adequate portion size is. Here are a few tips to help you keep you plate from over flowing:
- Use a small plate: Smaller space, less food. Simple as that.
- Eat slowly: Enjoy every bite, savor every sensation. Your brain will have time to catch up to your stomach and signal you when you have had enough food. You will feel fuller faster on less if you just take your time.
- Measure your food: example: 3 ounces of a protein, like chicken or fish, is about the size of a deck of cards. 1 Cup of rice or cereal = the size of an average adult fist.
7. Add fruits and vegetables to your diet. Fruits and veggies are high in fiber and will give you a feeling of fullness with just a few calories. Make sure half your plate is fruits and veggies.
8. Don’t buy your trigger foods: Chocolate, chips, ice cream? Whatever your poison is, don’t put it in your pantry or your grocery cart. Out of sight, out of mind.
9. Close the kitchen. After 7 or 8 pm in the evening, consider the kitchen closed. Make your family do the same thing, it won’t hurt them. However, it will help you if they aren’t eating out of a closed kitchen. Put a sign up and just say “the kitchen is closed”
10. Don’t give up….because you can do it.
Lose 10 pounds BEFORE the holidays. Won’t that be fun and awesome! Follow our simple yet precise 10 tips to lose 10 pounds. In as little as 5 weeks you can be 10 pounds trimmer and entering into the holiday season with a very cheery attitude a skinnier bod and a healthier heart. What are you waiting for, start your journey to lose 10 pounds today!